As a member of the Litigation and Trial Practice group at McNaul Ebel Nawrot & Helgren PLLC, Claire Martirosian practices all aspects of complex commercial litigation in both state and federal court. With significant experience representing individuals and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of matters, Claire has handled business and shareholder disputes, class actions, securities litigation, insurance litigation, health care litigation, employment litigation, and more.
Prior to joining McNaul Ebel, Claire was a litigation associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, NY. Claire also served as a law clerk to the Hon. David Mannheimer of the Alaska Court of Appeals.
A community-focused attorney, Claire has performed extensive pro bono work representing indigent clients in criminal, civil, and appellate matters.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in multi-district consumer fraud class action relating to marketing of prescription drugs.
- Represented a hospital network in multi-state consumer fraud class action litigation related to coordination of insurance benefits.
- Defended a life insurer in putative consumer fraud and bad faith class action arising out of payment of interest on insurance proceeds.
- Defended a former CEO of a major commercial bank in securities litigation arising out of the financial crisis.
Awards & Activities
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2016-2018)
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 2005), Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington, 2015
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit