Recognized leaders in complex business transactions.
The attorneys in our Commercial Transactions and Corporate Restructuring practice group work closely with clients of all sizes to address the legal needs of reorganizing, operating, sustaining and growing the businesses they own or operate. From established international businesses to local startups, from institutional and individual equity investors to “bridge” and debt financiers, we provide a broad range of legal support for important commercial, financial and restructuring transactions. Our transactional attorneys provide advice on a variety of business matters, with an emphasis on the following:
- Acting as outside general counsel to emerging and closely held companies and advising on day-to-day legal matters and risk management;
- Buying, selling and merging businesses;
- Implications of the Covid-19 pandemic on prior financial forecasts and financing roadmaps;
- Financing businesses with equity, including angel, seed and venture-backed equity financings;
- Financing businesses with loans, including secured, unsecured, bridge and hybrid loan financings;
- Representing creditors, debtors and investors in workouts and amendments involving debts, investments and other contractual obligations;
- Restructuring and recapitalizing businesses, loans and projects; and
- Negotiating and preparing commercial agreements, including joint venture agreements and agreements for production, supply, licensing and distribution.
With a pragmatic approach and commercial awareness, we look at situations holistically and work closely with our clients to manage all aspects of a transaction, not just legal tactics. Deeply committed to client service and quality, we look to create and maintain long-standing relationships with our clients and other participants in commercial transactions and corporate restructurings.