Recognized leaders in complex business transactions.
The attorneys in our Corporate and Commercial Transactions practice group work closely with clients of all sizes to address the legal needs of organizing, operating and growing a business. From established international businesses to local startups, we provide a broad range of legal support for corporate and commercial transactions. Our transactional attorneys provide advice on a variety of business matters, with an emphasis on the following:
- Acting as outside general counsel to emerging and closely held companies and advising on day-to-day legal matters and risk management;
- Buying, selling, merging and reorganizing businesses;
- Financing businesses with equity, including angel, seed and venture-backed equity financings;
- Financing businesses with loans, including secured, unsecured and hybrid loan financings;
- Negotiating and preparing commercial agreements, including joint venture agreements and agreements for production, supply, licensing and distribution;
- Corporate governance, including advising management and boards of directors on legal duties and best practices; and
- Entity formation and corporate ownership, control and management issues, including social purpose corporations, founder relationships, shareholder agreements, capitalization, entity conversions and compensation arrangements.
With a pragmatic approach and commercial awareness, we look at situations holistically and work closely with our clients to manage all aspects of a transaction, not just legal tactics. Deeply committed to client service and quality, we look to create and maintain long-standing relationships with our clients and other participants in corporate transactions.