In the interactive media space, McNaul represents:
- Creators of some of the most popular video games in the world;
- Startup studios founded by established industry veterans;
- Platforms leading the business paradigm shift to UGC monetization; and
- Innovators of new forms of interactive media.
We believe our services are unique, insofar as we combine our highly focused “boutique” practice with depth and decades of experience in both traditional game development and publishing deals and venture capital equity financing.
We help our clients:
- Form new companies, onboard teams, and secure foundational intellectual property;
- Review and negotiate platform distribution agreements and intellectual property licensing agreements for other video games, TV/film, and music opportunities;
- Review and negotiate development and publishing agreements;
- Comply with privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR and CCPA;
- Raise equity financing, starting with SAFE, Series Seed, and Series A investment rounds, through late stage preferred stock financings led by leading California venture capital firms;
- Implement UGC monetization programs and work with influencers and celebrities;
- Review and negotiate merchandising agreements; and
- Subcontract ports and other derivatives of core intellectual property.
We think our clients further benefit from proactive access, when needed, to McNaul’s group of talented litigators.