Bill serves emerging technology companies, serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. His clients at McNaul operate in Web Service, Gaming, Robotics, Custom Software Development, VR, Micro-Lending, Digital Media and other IT industries. He also works with founders and C-level executives of venture-backed companies in transition. Frequently, he teams with the firm's litigators to anticipate, avoid or bring lawsuits for clients.
- Representation of a lending marketplace startup in its Series A Preferred Stock venture financing.
- Representation of a serial entrepreneur in connection with the organization and seed financing of his electrically conductive materials startup;
- Representation of a successful, privately-held FinTech venture in its sale to a public financial services company;
- Representation of a leading developer of Microsoft-based applications in the course of negotiating master services and license agreements with dozens of Fortune 500 companies;
- Counsel to a founder in the formation and organization of a robotics startup;
- Counsel to multiple co-founders separating from emerging companies;
- Representation of a game company in series of non- or mildly-dilutive financing transactions (e.g., development seeding from Fortune 500 companies; project-specific SPV; note and warrant financing);
- Representation of the owner in the sale of his commercial aircraft customization company to a private equity firm;
- Representation of online angel investing platforms and offline issuers dealing with Rule 506(c) general solicitation and accredited investor verification issues;
- Representation of a digital agency in its spinout and sale of a legacy ecommerce platform to the Canadian affiliate of a European company;
- Representation of executives departing from or onboarding Microsoft, Amazon and Google;
- Representation of founders in connection with analyzing noncompetition covenants;and
- Representation of lead investors in I-502 marijuana startups.