Theresa M. DeMonte
Theresa DeMonte practices in the Litigation and Trial group at McNaul Ebel. She has experience representing clients at the trial and appellate levels in a wide variety of matters, such as cases involving allegations of violations of the False Claims Act, employment discrimination, securities fraud, disputed titles, personal injury, and more.
After graduating from the University of Washington School of Law, Theresa served as a law clerk for both the Honorable A. Richard Caputo of the US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the Honorable Debra Stephens of the Washington State Supreme Court. Before coming to McNaul Ebel in 2015, she practiced as a litigation associate at Calfo Harrigan Leyh & Eakes in Seattle and worked as an assistant attorney general for Washington State handling false claims matters.
An active participant in the legal community, Theresa serves as a member of the Washington State Bar Association’s Court Rules and Procedures Committee, an honorary member of the Executive Committee for the King County Bar Association’s Appellate Section, and a board member of the Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle. She has devoted a significant part of her practice to pro bono work, including obtaining asylum for a client in a defensive proceeding.
Representative Cases & Matters
Awards & Activities
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2017–2018)
- University of Washington School of Law (JD, 2010), with high honors, Order of the Coif
- Augustana College (BA, 1999), magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington State, 2011
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit