Anna F. Cavnar
As part of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Practice group, Anna is a skilled trial lawyer who has advocated on behalf of individuals and businesses in both civil and criminal cases. Anna’s broad range of litigation experience includes handling matters involving employment discrimination and retaliation issues, allegations of computer and complex fraud, healthcare, financial services, securities, insurance, breach of contract, and other business disputes.
Before joining McNaul Ebel, Anna practiced at Calfo Eakes LLP in Seattle, and Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C. in New Orleans. She entered private practice after five years representing clients as a trial attorney at the Orleans Public Defenders, where she was lead counsel in numerous jury and bench trials and was also part of the Special Litigation Division.
Anna graduated from Harvard Law School. She was captain of the winning team in the Ames Moot Court competition and executive online editor of the Harvard Law & Policy Review.
Anna’s commitment to pro bono work has included representing The Innocence Network as amicus curiae in the Louisiana Supreme Court and advising nonprofits on obtaining 501(c)(3) status. She is a member of the CJA Panel for the Western District of Washington.
Representative Cases & Matters
Awards & Activities
- Harvard Law School (JD, 2010)
- The Ohio State University (BA, 2004), summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington State, 2018
- California, 2017 (Inactive)
- Louisiana, 2010 (Inactive)
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Middle District of Louisina
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisina