As a member of the Litigation and Trial Practice group at McNaul Ebel Nawrot & Helgren PLLC, Claire Martirosian has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in all aspects of complex commercial litigation in state and federal court. With significant experience representing individuals and Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of matters, Claire has handled numerous contract disputes, business and shareholder disputes, contract disputes, class actions, securities litigation, insurance litigation, health care litigation, employment litigation, professional malpractice, and more.
Claire has a successful track record of representing numerous clients in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations, including as lead counsel.
Prior to joining McNaul Ebel, Claire was a litigation associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP in New York, NY. Claire also served as a law clerk to the Hon. David Mannheimer of the Alaska Court of Appeals and a judicial extern to the Hon. Roslynn R. Mauskopf of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
A community-focused attorney, Claire has performed extensive pro bono work representing indigent clients in criminal, civil, and appellate matters.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Represented LLC member in dispute relating to control of real estate development project; obtained fully favorable verdict after bench trial.
- Represented client in claim for alter ego liability brought by health care organization; obtained full defense verdict after bench trial.
- Represented employer defending against wage withholding claim; obtained full defense verdict after three-week jury trial.
- Represented client in LLC membership dispute regarding ownership and control of commercial property; obtained all requested relief after arbitration.
- Represented clients in breach of contract and Washington State Securities Act claims against health clinic; obtained judgment of over $33 million after arbitration was confirmed by the court.
- Defended owner of assisted living facilities in purported consumer class action alleging deceptive billing practices.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in negligence and wrongful death action arising out of clinical trial.
- Represented cryptocurrency exchange in multiple customer and other disputes.
- Regularly counsel and successfully defend financial advisors and securities brokers with respect to claims by brokerage firms and investigations by FINRA.
- New York University School of Law (JD, 2010)
- University of Virginia (BA, 2005), Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington, 2015
- New York, 2012
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit