Curtis C. Isacke
Curtis Isacke practices in the Litigation and Trial group at McNaul Ebel. Curtis has extensive experience advising and representing individuals, executives, directors, law firms, and local, national, and international companies in a variety of matters, including commercial, contractual, corporate governance, dissenters’ rights, securities, employment, white collar, antitrust, legal malpractice, insurance, and False Claims Act litigation.
Curtis maintains an active appellate practice representing clients in complex commercial, government, and Constitutional law disputes in state and federal courts, including the US Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Ninth, and District of Columbia Circuits.
Curtis also practices in McNaul Ebel’s Tech, Video Games & Emerging Media group advising and representing software and video game companies in commercial litigation and related disputes.
In addition to his work for clients, Curtis provides pro bono counsel for clients in civil rights, Constitutional, and immigration law matters. He has also represented minor children as a court-appointed guardian ad litem in custody disputes.
Prior to joining McNaul Ebel, Curtis practiced in the Washington, DC, office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where he focused on appellate litigation, complex civil litigation, and white-collar defense.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Represented and advised Seattle-area, regional, and national software, video game, and media entrepreneurs and companies in domestic and transnational intellectual property, employment, and contractual disputes.
- Represented prominent Seattle-area companies, executives, entrepreneurs, and equity holders in securities, dissenters’ rights, derivative, and corporate governance litigation.
- Represented individuals, brokers, executives, and companies in employment transition litigation before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and state and federal courts.
- Represented local and national companies in commercial real estate transaction and leasehold litigation, including injunctive relief proceedings.
- Represented practitioners and local, regional, and major national law firms in legal malpractice litigation.
- Represented a national commercial bank in a mortgage foreclosures investigation by regulators.
- Represented national insurance companies in contract and insurance bad-faith litigation.
Awards & Activities
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" (2019-2020)
- Yale Law School (JD, 2011)
- Bowdoin College (BA, 2007), magna cum laude
- Washington, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2012
- California, 2011
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2019
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2020