Daniel M. Weiskopf
Dan Weiskopf handles complex, high-stakes business disputes. His practice includes the full spectrum of litigation encountered by public and private companies, including in corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities, intellectual property, contracts, real estate, and employment. Dan represents companies and their various stakeholders—boards, shareholders, institutional investors, and executives—as both plaintiffs and defendants.
Dan has extensive trial experience, acting as lead counsel in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations. Dan has lectured on trial and pre-trial practice and has served on the faculty for the American Bar Association’s TIPS / ABOTA National Trial Academy.
After graduating from Yale Law School, Dan practiced at Debevoise & Plimpton in New York and at two litigation boutiques in Seattle. He joined McNaul Ebel in 2013.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Defended a technology start-up in a breach of contract dispute with a major health care organization and obtained a unanimous defense verdict and multi-million-dollar counterclaim award.
- Defended a majority shareholder in a dispute with a minority shareholder and obtained a unanimous defense verdict after a jury trial.
- Represented an agricultural organization in a breach of contract dispute concerning the construction of a processing facility and obtained a significant judgment after a bench trial.
- Obtained all relief sought in arbitration concerning a failed M&A transaction.
- Obtained defense award after arbitration for key employee sued by former employer alleging breach of contract, breach of duty, and improper solicitation of employees, clients, and business opportunities.
- Defended a bank from wrongful termination claims by the bank’s former CEO and obtained a favorable settlement on the last day of a three-week jury trial.
- Represented a hedge fund in a breach of contract dispute with its former parent company and received all relief sought in arbitration.
- Defended a closely held manufacturing and retail company in lawsuit brought by minority shareholder and received dismissal of all claims and an award of attorneys’ fees.
- Defended a hedge fund in a compensation dispute with a former managing director and obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defended a financial institution against an investor class action related to the institution’s investments in a Ponzi scheme and obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Represented investors against a financial institution related to their investment in a Ponzi scheme and obtained favorable settlement for the investors.
- Defended directors in a derivative suit and obtained dismissal of securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Yale Law School (JD)
- Oberlin College & Conservatory (BA and BMus)
- Washington State, 2012
- New York, 2009 (Inactive)
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2012
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2019
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2010
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2015