Daniel M. Weiskopf
Dan Weiskopf practices complex commercial litigation. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of business disputes, including matters related to corporate governance, securities, contracts, intellectual property, real estate, and employment. Dan also has significant experience representing whistleblowers with information concerning fraud, bribery, or violations of securities laws.
Dan attended Oberlin College and Yale Law School. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable David F. Hamilton in the US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. Before joining McNaul Ebel, Dan was a litigation associate at Debevoise & Plimpton LLC in New York, New York, and at Yarmuth Wilsdon Calfo and Calfo Harrigan Leyh & Eakes in Seattle.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Represented a majority shareholder in a dispute with a minority shareholder and received a unanimous verdict after a jury trial.
- Represented an employee in a dispute with a former employer arising from their employment agreement and obtained full defense arbitration award.
- Defended a bank from wrongful termination claims by the bank’s former CEO and obtained a favorable settlement on the last day of a three-week jury trial.
- Represented a hedge fund in a breach of contract dispute with its former parent company and received all relief sought in arbitration.
- Defended a hedge fund in a compensation dispute with a former managing director and obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defended a financial institution against an investor class action related to the institution’s investments in a Ponzi scheme and obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defended directors in a derivative suit and obtained dismissal of securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Awards & Activities
- Selected by Washington Law & Politics as a Super Lawyer (2020) and a Rising Star (2013–2019)
- Yale Law School (JD)
- Oberlin College & Conservatory (BA and BMus)
- Washington State, 2012
- New York, 2009 (Inactive)
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2012
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2010
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2015