Matthew J. Campos
Matt Campos is an experienced litigator with a diverse practice including business and contract disputes, employment litigation (including protecting whistleblowers and victims of workplace discrimination), wildfire litigation, professional malpractice litigation, securities violations litigation, condominium disputes, and insurance coverage and claims litigation. As of late, Matt is advising clients regarding a variety of issues, including insurance coverage issues, arising from the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Matt graduated magna cum laude from the University of Missouri – Kansas City Law School and graduated with distinction from the London School of Economics with a Master’s Degree in International Economics. He served as a law clerk for the Missouri Court of Appeals prior to coming to McNaul Ebel. Matt has significant trial and arbitration experience and has represented individuals and companies in complex litigation at both the State and Federal court levels. Matt has also served as a legal consultant and expert in cases involving federal civil rights litigation.
Representative Cases & Matters
- Defended attorney against tort claims brought by adversary of former client and obtained a summary dismissal of the lawsuit;
- Defended company against contract claims by former employees and obtained a dismissal of the lawsuit weeks after the case was filed;
- Obtained a favorable settlement for employee discrimination plaintiff against a multi-national software company;
- Obtained significant verdict in favor of employment discrimination plaintiff after two-week arbitration;
- Defended company against contract claim by former consultant and obtained a complete defense verdict following trial;
- Obtained favorable settlement for former business partner in a contract dispute regarding executive compensation.
Awards & Activities
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2016-2018)
- London School of Economics (MSc, 2007), with distinction
- University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Law (JD, 2005), magna cum laude
- University of Missouri–Kansas City (BA, 2002)
- Washington State, 2008
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit