Robert M. Sulkin
Bob Sulkin is a trial attorney whose practice includes commercial and business disputes involving securities, insurance and bad faith litigation, professional malpractice, intellectual property, real estate, class actions, and other complex matters. He has successfully represented clients in prominent and high-profile cases, which is why many of the largest institutions and law firms in the Pacific Northwest have put their trust in Bob’s legal expertise.
A founding member of McNaul Ebel Nawrot & Helgren, PLLC, Bob headed the firm’s Litigation and Trial Practice department from 1995 to 1998, and served as the firm’s managing partner from 1998 to 2015.
A Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the Litigation Counsel of America, Bob is a respected litigator who has achieved national acclaim for his work. He has been named as one of the best commercial litigators in Washington State in several publications including Chambers & Partners’ Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2005 through 2018); Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America for “Bet the Company Litigation” (2006 through 2018); and Benchmark Litigation as a local litigation star (2012 through 2018). In 2014, he was named by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year in Seattle for the Litigation Securities practice area. Additionally, Washington Law & Politics has named Mr. Sulkin as one of the top 10 lawyers in the State of Washington. He has received similar recognition from Seattle Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal.
Bob has frequently instructed at Continuing Legal Education seminars, and has presented on the legal profession, trial advocacy, and related issues. He also sits on the boards of various charitable organizations.
Representative Cases & Matters
Awards & Activities
- American College of Trial Laywers, Fellow
- International Association of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers & Partners, 2005 through 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, “Bet The Company Litigation,” 2006 through 2018
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2012 through 2018
- Lawyer of the Year – Litigation Securities category, Best Lawyers, 2014
- Top 10 Lawyers in Washington, Washington Law & Politics