Daragh J. Hoey
Daragh Hoey practices in the Real Estate & Capital Markets group at McNaul Ebel, where he represents a broad range of commercial clients, from start-ups and small businesses, to institutional real estate investors and pension funds, to members of the entertainment industry. His expertise and experience covers many different business and real property transactional matters, including the purchase, sale, and development of commercial real estate, mergers and acquisitions, loans, corporate governance, hotel development, and the various aspects of leasing and asset management. He also counsels his clients on complex marketing, retail, and merchandising transactions, including those utilizing innovative outsourcing and third party fulfillment business models. Formerly in commercial litigation, Daragh uses his disputes background to help clients navigate non-typical and seemingly intractable challenges.
Prior to joining McNaul Ebel, Daragh was an associate at Norton Rose Fulbright (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski LLP) in Houston, Texas. While studying at the University of Houston Law Center, he served as Senior Articles Editor for the Houston Law Review.
Before law school, Daragh, who hails from Ireland, worked as an analyst with a Dublin-based hedge fund.
In his spare time, Daragh enjoys great food, great wine, great writing, shouting at rugby and soccer matches, and exploring the Pacific Northwest.
Representative Cases & Matters
- The acquisition of a software support services company by a Canadian investor.
- A stock redemption involving a shareholder in a large insurance agency.
- The acquisition of a biotechnology company by an institutional investor.
- Defended a law firm in a malpractice action arising out of a licensing dispute.
- Defended an insurer in a lawsuit regarding coverage limits.
- Defended a consumer protection company in an employment dispute.
- Defended a law firm in a contract action involving foreclosure services.
- Represented an individual in an inventory audit transaction and related dispute.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a home decor and art company in response to a regulatory complaint.
- Defended an individual in an adversarial bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented a technology company in connection with a trademark opposition.
Awards & Activities
- University of Houston Law Center (JD, 2012), magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Dublin City University (BSc, 2005)
- Washington State, 2015
- Texas, 2012 (Inactive)
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2015
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2015
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2014