Daragh J. Hoey
Daragh Hoey practices in both the Real Estate & Capital Markets and Litigation & Trials groups at McNaul Ebel. He counsels individuals and companies on a wide range of business and real property transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, loans, due diligence, stock redemptions, and various commercial contracts. Daragh uses his litigation background to help clients navigate non-typical and seemingly intractable challenges. He also represents individuals, small businesses, and major corporations in a wide range of commercial disputes in both state and federal courts, including professional malpractice, business and shareholder disputes, employment disputes, and securities litigation.
Prior to joining McNaul Ebel, Daragh was a litigation associate at Norton Rose Fulbright (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski LLP) in Houston, Texas. While studying at the University of Houston Law Center, he served as senior articles editor for the Houston Law Review.
Before law school, Daragh, who hails from Ireland, worked as an analyst with a Dublin-based hedge fund.
In his spare time, Daragh enjoys great food, great wine, great writing, shouting at rugby and soccer matches, and exploring the Pacific Northwest.
Representative Cases & Matters
- The acquisition of a software support services company by a Canadian investor.
- A stock redemption involving a shareholder in a large insurance agency.
- The acquisition of a biotechnology company by an institutional investor.
- Defended a law firm in a malpractice action arising out of a licensing dispute.
- Defended an insurer in a lawsuit regarding coverage limits.
- Defended a consumer protection company in an employment dispute.
- Defended a law firm in a contract action involving foreclosure services.
- Represented an individual in an inventory audit transaction and related dispute.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a home decor and art company in response to a regulatory complaint.
- Defended an individual in an adversarial bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented a technology company in connection with a trademark opposition.
Awards & Activities
- University of Houston Law Center (JD, 2012), magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Dublin City University (BSc, 2005)
- Washington State, 2015
- Texas, 2012 (Inactive)
- US District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2015
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2015
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2014